For a weekend filled with nature, adventure, gourmet food and craft beers, luxurious accommodation and a rich dose of history then look no further than Ipswich.
In Brisbane’s backyard, a short 35 minute drive away, you can find yourself another world away, immersed in nature with spectacular mountain views!
Pick your flavour, adventure and more to mix and match your perfect weekend in the Heritage City.
With restrictions easing tours and dining in is back on with restaurants opening up their doors once again.
Bookings are essential, check with individual operators before arrival.
Indulge in unique flavours
- Wrap your lips around some award winning beers at the Pumpyard Bar and Brewery, which also has a standout dining menu.
- The chef-hatted Homage Restaurant is open for dinner in the newly built Homestead with a unique paddock to plate menu that celebrates local produce. The restaurant is also open for takeaway and gourmet picnic hampers and is located on-site at the Spicers Hidden Vale resort.
- Bakehouse Steakhouse offers up paddock to plate steaks in a modern restaurant inside a heritage building!
- The Cottage Restaurant takes fine dining to a new level with private dining areas, a working fireplace and succulent food.
- New comers to the dining scene Ballistic Springfield Brewery, Bar and Kitchen also offer award winning beers and a beer-infused menu. They’ve also launched new tasting tours for up to 20 people. The tour shows you what a day in the life of a beer brewer looks like and there are exclusive samples to taste test. You’ll also discover the magic behind how your favourite bevvy’s are created. To book head to the Ballistic Springfield Facebook page.
- The award-winning Prince Alfred Hotel has 72 beers on tap to try in the Tap’d bar and gets juicy red claw yabbies direct from the farm for sensational dishes.
Get ready for some adventure
- Want to surround yourself in nature, while getting your heart rate up? Challenge yourself with the highest peak in the Brisbane region, Flinders Peak. The three to six hour return trip is rated as a difficult hike.
- Or you can take one of the many hiking trails or biking trails at the White Rock – Spring Mountain Conservation Estate which has a vast array of plant and wildlife species.
- Book into a guided night hike. The Starlight Walking Trail at Flinders is great for beginners and budding astronomers or the City Lights Walking Trail at White Rock is perfect for those with moderate fitness levels.
- There’s also a guided sunrise hike up Flinders Peak for those with advanced levels of fitness.
- Explore over 100km of hiking and biking trails at the Hidden Vale Adventure Park. The park is located at Grandchester next door to Spicers Hidden Vale. There are bikes for hire and a shuttle service to help you get out further into the property.
- Float majestically over the Ipswich countryside with a Floating Images Hot Air Balloon flight.
- Heli-picnic tours are also available with Pterodactyl Helicopters. Book a secluded picnic on the banks of the Brisbane River or a winery or heli-pub tour.
- Willowbank MX is open for those that like adventure on two wheels. They have a competition standard track and jumps with plenty of air!
- Seraphim Escape Rooms have one of the scariest rooms around the Brisbane area, find out if you can beat the executioner.
After all that adrenaline inducing adventure you might need a visit to the Ipswich Massage and Herbal Spa – unwind with a relaxing massage at the end of your day.
Explore the country
- Stop in at the Watercress Creek Olive and Lime farm shop to buy infused olive oils, tapenades, Rosella jam, lime cordial and fresh olives. The farm is open for group tours and you can pack a picnic to enjoy in the olive grove.
- Take a drive out to the country town of Marburg. Stop in at Woodlands of Marburg for a historic mansion tour and lunch package or book a picnic on the sprawling manicured lawns.
- Stop by The Soul Nook Collective, a new eclectic shop set inside an old church in Marburg – private bookings for styled gourmet picnics in bell tents are also on offer. Don’t miss Scotland Yard Antiques, The Black Museum and Special Branch Collective coffee shop while you’re in town.
- Get up close to llamas at The Llama Farm in Pine Mountain, take one for a walk or book into one of their Little Llama Farmer school holiday programs. Opening June 13.
- You can feed and pet a range of cute animals at the Haigslea Ewe Nique Hobby Farm. Grab a coffee or morning tea while you’re there and see some of the 20 newborn lambs they’re expecting this season. Opening June 13.
- Head over to the Summer Land Camel Farm to see the friendly camels you can even book a camel ride while you’re there and pick up some camel milk produce.
- Book a tour with Naughty Little Kids and taste test goat cheese and gelato! Opening June 7 for tours, bookings essential.
- Check out Animal Encounters at the Ipswich Nature Centre, with native Australian animals and some friendly farm animals. Bookings will be available for school holiday sessions.
Take in some culture
- Explore your creative side with a Sip ‘n’ Dip art class. Classes range from themed paintings, to jewellery making and resin boards, a drink and dinner is included.
- Take a stroll through the Ipswich Art Gallery (opening June 12) and the Ipswich Antique Centre.
- Enjoy a movie at Limelight Cinemas which is open for private bookings for 15-20 people.
- Art classes and art sales are available at Jules Art studio in Dinmore.
Soak up some heritage…
Where to stay
Make the fun last longer with an overnight stay at Quest Ipswich, bookings are being taken now to enjoy a complimentary upgrade and early check in (12pm) and late check out (12pm).
Spicers Hidden Vale is taking bookings for their Birthversary deal which includes a two night stay, breakfast, meals at Homage restaurant, Wildlife centre tour, two hour bike hire at Hidden Vale Adventure Park and more for $1178 for two people.
Quest Springfield are offering a 20% discount with two night minimum stays.
Springfield Lakes Hotel are offering a reduced rate for $199 per night.
Oaks Ipswich Aspire Suites have special discount deals on their website, including a 30% Together Again offer for bookings until July 15 for stays until March 31.
Opening times will vary with Covid-19 restrictions, please contact operators to discuss operating hours.