Whether you’re organising travel for customers, members, colleagues or students, the City of Ipswich has groups experiences to surprise and delight, including:
- Historic Sites, Museums and Heritage Centres
- Farms Tours and Wildlife Encounters
- Food Tasting and Workshops
- Nature Immersion and Exploration
- Live Concerts and Theatre
- Arts and Cultural Demonstrations and Classes
- Scenic Flights
- Group Dining and Accommodation Options
Group Experiences, Tours and Offers
Use the links below to discover the great range of experiences, tours and offers available in the City of Ipswich to add to your group’s itinerary:
Incredible offers for groups visiting Ipswich
Take a look at these amazing experiences and offers available for visiting groups.
Ipswich Groups Rebate
The Ipswich Groups Rebate is an Ipswich City Council initiative that provides a financial incentive to organisations to encourage more groups to visit to the City of Ipswich. The Program is open to all groups including:
- Tour/Charter companies
- Probus Clubs and other social groups
- Corporate and incentive groups
Organisations bringing groups of 10 or more paying participants to Ipswich are eligible to apply for a rebate based on qualified spend in the City:
|Qualified Spend||Rebate Available|
|$750 to $1500||$150|
|$1500 to $3000||$300|
|$3000 and above||$650|
Stay Up to Date
To receive updates about the Ipswich Groups Rebate program and new group experiences available in the City of Ipswich, please complete the form below:
To ensure your application is valid and eligible for assessment, an application must be lodged within 30 days of the date of your Group’s visit to the City of Ipswich, but not before.
- Applications should be lodged by the primary organising body for the Group’s visit.
- The Group visiting Ipswich must consist of at least 10 paying participants.
- The applying organisation must have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- The Group visiting Ipswich must originate from outsides of the Ipswich local government area and primarily cater for non-Ipswich residents.
Download the Administrative Guidelines to read the full eligibility criteria for the program.
How To Apply
- Applying organisations should read the Administrative Guidelines carefully before completing the form.
- Within 30 days of the date of the Group’s visit (but not before) the applicant submits an online Application Form to claim a rebate.
- One form is to be completed per group visit.
- A copy of the travel itinerary showing the experiences visited by the Group must be uploaded to the form.
- Copies of invoices/receipts verifying the eligible expenditure associated with the Group’s visit must be attached to the form (see the Frequently Asked Questions section below for more information about what information needs to be submitted with your application).
- Applications will be processed within 30 days of submission. If the application is successful, you will receive a confirmation email requesting a tax invoice for payment of the rebate.
To be eligible expenditure for consideration under the Ipswich Groups Rebate program, the expenditure must be incurred with an approved Ipswich tourism business as indicated by their inclusion on the Ipswich Groups Rebate Eligible Venues and Experiences list.
Use the link below to access the current list of eligible Ipswich venues and experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the rebate that I can apply for?
A $150 rebate is available for applications with between $750 and $1,499.99 (including GST) eligible associated expenditure.
A $300 rebate is available for applications with between $1,500 and $2,999.99 (including GST) eligible associated expenditure.
A $650 rebate is available for applications with $3,000 and over (including GST) eligible associated expenditure.
How many people have to be in my group for it to be eligible for the rebate?
To be eligible for the rebate, the group visiting Ipswich must consist of at least 10 paying participants.
How long do I have to submit my application?
Applications must be submitted within 30 days of the date that the group visited Ipswich.
Can I submit my application before my group visits Ipswich?
No. Rebate applications can only be lodged after the group visits Ipswich.
What happens once the application is submitted?
You will receive an automatic notification once your Ipswich Groups Rebate application has been submitted.
Representatives from Ipswich City Council’s Tourism Branch will then review the application and assess it against the Program’s Administrative Guidelines and eligibility criteria.
All applicants will receive email notification of the success of the application with 30 days of submission. Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email requesting a tax invoice for payment of the rebate to be made against.
What information do we need to submit with our application?
The following additional information must be provided at the time of application:
- Travel itinerary details showing the Ipswich locations visited by the group.
- Invoices and/or receipts verifying payment and expenditure made at the eligible Ipswich venues and experiences visited by the group
All invoices/receipts must clearly show:
- The name of the paying organisation, which must be a business/trading name associated with the ABN of the rebate applicant;
- The products or services which are being paid for and quantities for each (e.g. 32 x entry tickets, 16 x lunches, 48 x group tours); and
- The total amount paid.
Can I submit more than one application?
Yes. Organisations can submit multiple rebate applications, as long as each application pertains to a separate group visiting Ipswich. Only one application can be lodged per group.
Can we receive our rebate payment via cheque?
Yes. Successful applicants will have the option to receive their rebate via cheque of direct deposit.
Which products and experiences are eligible under the rebate program?
Not all expenditure incurred by the group can be included in their rebate application.
The Ipswich Groups Rebate program only supports expenditure incurred at Ipswich’s tourism attractions, accommodation providers, tour operators and key restaurants and cafes, as indicated by their active listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW).
Click here to see the list of businesses at which expenditure is eligible for inclusion in an Ipswich Groups Rebate application.
Which organisation should be submitting the application?
Applications should be submitted the the organisation that was primarily responsible for organising the group’s visit to Ipswich. This may be include:
- Tour/Charter Companies
- Social Clubs (e.g. Probus)
- Businesses organisation corporate or incentive group travel
Does the applicant organisation need to have an ABN to apply?
Yes, all organisations applying for an Ipswich Groups Rebate must have an active Australian Business Number.
The Australian Business Number (ABN) enables organisations in Australia to deal with a range of government departments and agencies using a single identification number. There is no fee for organisations applying for an ABN online or by paper application.
Click here for more information about ABNs.
When does the Ipswich Groups Rebate program end?
The Ipswich Groups Rebate program is an ongoing program with no set end date at this time.
Should the program be cancelled, organisations that have subscribed for program updates will be notified 3 months prior to the end date for the program.
How do I subscribe for updates in the Ipswich Groups Rebate program?
Click here to subscribe below to receive regular updates about the Ipswich Groups Rebate program and the great range of group experiences, tours and offers available in the City of Ipswich.
Contact and Support
If you require assistance with your Ipswich Groups Rebate program application, please contact us by phone or email, or send us a message using the form below.
Phone: (07) 3810 7448
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Tourism Branch, Ipswich City Council, PO Box 191, Ipswich QLD 4305