Submit Your Event
The event listings in the What’s On section of our website are drawn exclusively from the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW). This means that your event must be submitted to and approved for listing on the ATDW before it will appear in our events calendar.
The ATDW is a centralised national database that feeds information on your tourism events into a network of up to 60 websites and apps including queensland.com and australia.com. This means, not only will your event appear on the Discover Ipswich website, it will also appear on these other travel and tourism sites.
In Queensland, listings on the ATDW are managed and approved by Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ).
Is your event eligible?
To be listed on ATDW and the Discover Ipswich website your event must be of appeal to the to the leisure tourist. Only events that occur within the Ipswich City Council local government boundaries will be listed on the Discover Ipswich website. Non-Ipswich events can be listed on ATDW – they will just not appear on the Discover Ipswich website.
How much does it cost?
Listing your event on ATDW is free.
How to list your event:
Please follow the steps below to submit your event for inclusion in the ATDW:
- Click here to register as an ATDW user. (You only need to do this once and you can re-use this login to create other events you organise).
- Within three working days you will receive an email with your username, password and an activation link for your account.
- Once you have clicked on the link to activate your account, or you have registered previously, you can log on via myATDW and create your listing.
What you need to create a listing:
Here is a list of the content and resources that you will require to create your listing. Remember you are trying to generate interest for people to attend your event – select images and frame your words in such a way as to inform people about what your event has to offer them and entice them to attend.
- Description of your event (minimum: 25 words; maximum: 150 words)
- Event date/s and times
- Contact details and website address for your event
- Entry cost/s
- Link for online bookings or ticket sales (if applicable)
- Venue details
- Social media links (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Images of your event
Here are some extra tips for images to help you meet the ATDW requirements:
- Quantity: A minimum of one(1) image; our recommendation is at least four(4).
- Text or logos are NOT permitted to be imposed on the image.
- Images must be landscape orientation with a minimum image resolution of 2048 pixels (wide) x 1536 pixels (high).
- When you upload your images, make sure to crop both the portrait and landscape version to ensure best display in different areas of the applicable websites.
- File types accepted include .jpg and .png
More information and support:
ATDW listings for events held in Queensland are managed by Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ). If you have difficulty registering for ATDW or creating an event listing, TEQ’s ATDW team are the best placed to assist you: