Willowbank’s international line-up this weekend
Jamboree is the biggest sport compact event in Australia and one of the biggest sport compact events in the world, with thousands of fans flocking to Willowbank Raceway to be a part of the modern day mecca.
Jamboree caters for everyone from the die-hard fans, to mums and dads and, of course, the kids. There’ll be plenty of racing, on screen entertainment and even Matt Mingay and his team from Hot Wheels putting on a few shows daily to entertain the crowds.
Here’s what you need to know about Jamboree Brisbane this weekend:
- Race teams from all around the world will do battle for number 1 from as far as Puerto Rico, New Zealand and the Titan invasion from USA
- The fastest turbo cars in the world will be here hoping to reset the record
- Top Fuel Dragsters run 4 seconds to the 1/4 mile with a supercharged v8; sport compact cars are 1 second off the pace of that running into the 5 second range – with an engine half the size!
- Ipswich’s own Kelly Bettes ( Australian Top Fuel Champion 2017/2018 ) will be racing in her 6 second Datsun ute
- Matt Mingay will be putting on his new exciting Drift Show
- The sport compact cars sit on the limiter on the line shooting flames with piercing revs. Having the shortest wheelbase of all the drag cars they are always spectacular to watch and always put on a show.
- Jamboree runs Saturday and Sunday, August 25-26, at Willowbank Raceway