Ipswich Tourism Operator Partner Program (ITOPP)
Group Experiences Program
The Ipswich Tourism Operator Partner Program (ITOPP) has been expanded to allow eligible Ipswich tourism businesses the opportunity to partner with Ipswich City Council to attract visiting groups via a program of trade activity, famils and a pilot rebate incentive.
The objectives of the ITOPP – Group Experiences Program are to partner with industry to increase annual group visitation and associated group expenditure to the City of Ipswich. The program aims to:
- Improve the profitability of the touring route/s into Ipswich for group travel organisers, through a pilot rebate incentive.
- Expand and diversify the offerings available to groups visiting Ipswich.
- Increase awareness of the offerings available to groups visiting Ipswich.
The program will initially target a broad range of group travel organisers, including:
- Charter and Tour Bus Services
- Social Clubs
Group Tour Rebate (Pilot)
The ITOPP – Group Experiences Program includes the piloting of a rebate scheme which will provide a direct incentive to organisations bringing visiting groups to Ipswich. The Ipswich Groups Rebate (pilot) is:
- Applicable to groups of 10 or more paying participants visiting Ipswich.
- A tool for operators to promote to your own existing groups.
- Administered by Council with applications lodged online by group travel organisers (no operator involvement required).
The Ipswich Groups Rebate (pilot) is calculated based on verified spend within the Ipswich local government area:
- $750 to $1499 spend = $150 rebate
- $1500 to $2999 spend = $300 rebate
- $3000+ spend = $650 rebate
Submit Your Group Experience
Please use our online Group Experience Submission form to submit your group offer/s to be considered for inclusion in the program. You will need to submit a separate form for each group experience.
Download a preview of the form for your reference in collating the information you will need to submit your Group Experience.
New Group Experiences submitted by the end of each month, will be processed by the 15th of the following month.
In order to have their Group Experience considered for inclusion in the program, businesses must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Submit a group offer which caters for a minimum of 10 paying participants.
- Create an ‘About Ipswich’ link on the home page navigation of your website and redirect it to DiscoverIpswich.com.au
- Agree to provide group travel organisers with the relevant documentation necessary for them to lodge an Ipswich Groups Rebate application (e.g. tax invoice).
- Agree to provide Ipswich City Council with data about groups’ visitation to their business.
Contact and Support
How can we help you? If you have any questions or comments about the Ipswich Tourism Operator Partner Program, please contact:
Industry Development Officer
Marketing and Promotion Branch | Community, Cultural and Economic Development Department
Ipswich City Council
Tel: (07) 3810 7448
Email: [email protected]