FLAVOURS OF IPSWICH
Discover Ipswich is now taking expression of interest applications to participate in the Flavours of Ipswich pilot program. The program provides the opportunity to showcase the lively dining options in the City of Ipswich to both locals and visitors:
- Raise awareness of Ipswich’s restaurant scene to locals and visitors.
- Drive bookings to participating operators during a slow period.
- Support employment in the city.
Wednesday 7 April to Saturday 24 April 2021
(18 days; includes 3 weekends)
Deadline for Submission
Applications for dinner expressions of interest + menus close: Monday 22 February 2021, 5pm.
Eligibility Criteria and Participation Requirements
To be eligible for participation in the Flavours of Ipswich pilot program, applicants must:
- Be an existing restaurant or café.
- Be a member of the Ipswich Tourism Operators Network (ITON).
- Possess a current Food Business Licence issued by Ipswich City Council.
- Have achieved a Google or Facebook review score of 4 or more.
- Develop a Flavours of Ipswich fixed price menu at the following price points to be offered to all patrons from Wednesday 7 to Saturday 24 April 2021 (the campaign period) with no blackout periods:
- 2 course lunch for $25
- 3 course dinner for $35
- Complete the Flavours of Ipswich application form available under application process below.
- Provide access to the restaurant/café venue for shooting of promotional imagery and video for the campaign.
- Prepare your Flavours of Ipswich menu lunch (2 course) and/or dinner (3 course) meals for photography by the campaign content copy writer and photographer.
- Display Flavours of Ipswich menu, table signage and collateral throughout the campaign period.
- Provide up to five (5) complimentary Flavours of Ipswich lunches or dinners for journalists/bloggers invited by Council to showcase your restaurant and campaign.
- Collect booking/visitation/service data and empirical feedback during the campaign period and report this information to Council at the conclusion of the campaign.
Please note: Restaurants and cafés with multiple locations of the same name and menu are eligible to apply for consideration to participate with one location only.
To apply, complete a Flavours of Ipswich application form and return the completed form with your menu(s) to Ipswich City Council via email to [email protected].
Restaurants and cafés that successfully secure a spot in the pilot campaign will receive an email notification confirming their selection. Preferred applicants must sign a Participating Agreement guaranteeing they will adhere to all Flavours of Ipswich Requirements and Terms and Conditions.
- Applications Close: Wednesday 17 February 2021, 5pm.
- Preferred Applicants Notified: Friday 19 February 2021.
- Participation Agreements Due: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 5pm.
Council will review all applications to ensure applicant meets eligibility criteria. Council will determine the final list of preferred restaurants and cafés based on the following criteria:
- Online Google of Facebook review score of 4 or more.
- Number of trading days and hours during campaign period.
- Venue capacity.
- Uniqueness of menu offering (eg: seasonal offering vs standard menu items which are portion sized).
- Potential for positive media and publicity generation.
Council will issue notification emails to both successful and unsuccessful applicants. Notification emails to successful applicants will provide information on the Participation Agreement, promotion requirements and terms and conditions.
More Information and Support
Industry Development Officer
Destination Development Branch
Community, Cultural and Economic Development Department
Ipswich City Council
Tel: (07) 3810 7448
Email: [email protected]